WE HAVE MOVED - CHECK OUT OUR NEW HOME!

Please hold the line........the caller knows you are waiting and we are trying to connect you........

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Scams Awareness Month - Ebay Scam

I couldn't have planned this better, but as we are in Scams Awareness Month I thought I would advise you of a scam I have received into my email inbox.

I recently received a message from 'eBay' informing me that my account had been suspended due to my credit/debit card being declined. I noticed that the email address for the sender wasn't an 'offical' eBay one, so I of course utilised the best free investigative tool in the modern world.....Google! Apparently this is a well know Phishing scam which has been around for some time.
Needless to say I didn't click on the link and enter my mothers maiden name, along with my bank details and my inside leg measurements!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Team Chatback